The V2.9 release is live now, and it is a fairly substantial release. Most of the stuff is subtle changes or under the hood improvements, but taken as a whole there is a lot in this release.
See the release notes for full details, but here are some highlights:
- Metamodel visualization via the
openmdao mm_viewcommand line tool (you really should check this one out!)
- A whole bunch of small solver improvements
- Modest improvements to the CaseRecorder functionality to make it work just like the problem interface (e.g. get_val and set_val methods)
- Efficiency improvements in reverse mode data transfers and derivatives solves with the DirectSolver
- Big efficiency improvements to StructuredMetaModel
There are also a few backwards incompatible api changes as well. We’ve deprecated things wherever we could to (hopefully) make it as painless as possible for you all.