This new release has several features, many of which are related to the rapidly-evolving GUI. Among the highlights for this release are:
- Printvars support added to CaseIteratorDriver
- Two new differentiators added. Note that they are still experimental and may not work for all models.
- Chain Rule differentiator that implements forward algorithmic differentiation on a general workflow
- Analytic differentiator that calculates the derivatives of a general workflow by assembling and solving a set of linear equations. This works for solver loops (coupled sensitivities) and can be executed in both forward and adjoint mode.
- Various bug fixes.
- In the GUI’s dataflow, objects can now be expanded/contracted in-place with ‘+’ and ‘-’ buttons.
- The entire connection editor was overhauled and improved. Users can now select variable names from a drop-down menu in that dialog.
- Projects are now scanned when loaded and items are auto-imported on demand.
- A type-ahead box was added to filter the list of available types in the library pane.
- Users can now drag-and-drop new components from library into workflow tab.
- Users can now upload multiple files at once or can drag and drop files into the file pane.
- The code editor now launches into an independent window.
- The assembly dataflow now renders connections between components and assembly variables.
- Right-clicking on a class in the library now gives users the option to view the class’s docs or metadata.
- Several bug fixes and clean-ups.