OpenMDAO v0.9.6 Release Notes
- Improvement to Fixed Point Iterator to make it less sensitive to the orderin which constraints are entered
- Added error checking for incorrect Jacobian size in components as part of assembly check_config process
- GUI editors for state variables and residuals for implicit components
- OpenMDAO go script will now include a version number
- Removed dependency on Sympy for derivatives of expressions. Using complex step method for these derivatives now
- Overall performance improvement for the framework of about 50% (in most cases).
- Clearer error msg when invalid variables are given in an connection, constraint, or objective expression
- User can add 'deriv_ignore' meta-data to any variable to have it be excluded from consideration in derivatives computations
- User can set 'missing_deriv_policy' on a component to control if the component will error or assume zero for any non-specified derivatives.
- Drivers no longer trigger execution (one time) outside the defined iteration hierarchy
- File variable problem with analysis server plugin
- Repaired a couple of problems related to replace method called within configure of an assembly
- Missing derivative values from sub-vars of a var-tree
- Finite differencing code sometimes caused the derivative to be off by a factor of 2
- Repaired automatic architectures for use with the updated framework APIs
- Fixed connections from sub-vars of var-trees to boundaries of assemblies
- Can now calculate derivatives across a sub-assembly with boundary variables that are not internally connected to anything
- Gradient_options variable in the driver is not a framework variable
- Fixed variable invalidation for corner case where unit conversions were involved
- Input-input connections are no longer showing up as relevant in derivatives calculations where they are not relevant
- You can now set sub_var values in a var_tree even if other sub_vars are connected to things.