OpenMDAO v0.9.5 Release Notes
- Slots that require iotype changed to Instance datatype. For more information, see a longer description here.
- There has been a small update to the derivatives API. You can read about the new API in the docs. The short version is that you now declare the variables you’re providing derivatives for explicitly in a separate function. This change streamlined things a bit and lets us add a bit more error checking.
- Coupled derivatives with connections for state variables to downstream components.
- Allow user to check derivatives of "state" inputs with respect to other inputs.
- Auto-configuration of unconfigured Assembly added when run.
- Users can identify which variables have derivatives via an API method.
- User can set an enum variable in component to control the behavior when a needed derivative value is not given.
- Updated CADRE to new derivatives API
- Break MDA_solver up into separate FPI and NEWTON based classes
- Add Newton solver; make all our solvers support cyclic flows.
- Add "Instance" datatype to replace Slots that require iotype.
- Fix for finite difference on a geometry component with array indexed elements in a vartree.
- Got rid of non-relative asserts in the CONMIN test.
- User can provide check_gradient with tuples for inputs and outputs arguments.
- Fixed bug in which files were not part of committed project.
- Fixed problem where fd_step in add_parameter is currently being ignored.
- Got FD across connection expressions to work.
- Fixed issue with connection expressions and replace function.
- Resolved problem with replace where the replacer was an Assembly that also does a replace within in its config.
- Iotype on slots not allowed, should now see a deprecation warning.