Release Notes for OpenMDAO 0.2.3 -- 02/01/12
- Added console script "envdump" to releases to help with debuging install issues
- New method, parse_2Darray, has been added to the file parser. This allows the user to read a 2d table of data into a 2d array.
- New counter derivative_exec_count has been added to component. This counter is incremented whenever calc_derivatives is called, and will be useful for benchmarking.
- Removed pi from the unitdefaults.lib. Added math.pi to the globals dictionary that is passed to the initial eval() call in _add_units. This way, pi always comes from Python with the correct number of places for that system architecture.
- Removed m2 and m3 for consistency. One should always use m\*\*2 and m\*\*3.
- Changed behavior of Fixed Point Iterator - max iterations now gives warning instead of raising an error.
- Added a DOE example to the simple tutorial in the docs.
- Removed openmdao.gui from the default install. One now must add "--gui" on the installer command line if gui installation is desired.
- Added auto-installation of mingw dlls on windows to avoid users of the release having to install mingw.