Hello, I have problem with installing PyOpt. I have installed Python 3.4 and Anaconda. I am using Windows environment. This is what happens when I try to run it I tried with

python setup.py install In Python 3.4.1 shell IDLE.

The error I get is

python setup.py install SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I also tried with

python setup.py inplace

But the error is the same.

I don't understand how it doesn't recognize installing process. I added Pyopt folder in Python's library so that it can found it.

The other thing I tried was o open setup file from PyOpt folder as a new folder in IDLE and then to run it. I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:_UsersDatas\stojanov\pyOpt-1.2.0\setup.py", line 4, in <module> from numpy.distutils.command.build_ext import build_ext File "C:\Python34\lib\numpy__init.py", line 185, in <module> from . import add_newdocs File "C:\Python34\lib\numpy\add_newdocs.py", line 13, in <module> from numpy.lib import add_newdoc File "C:\Python34\lib\numpy\lib__init.py", line 8, in <module> from .type_check import * File "C:\Python34\lib\numpy\lib\type_check.py", line 11, in <module> import numpy.core.numeric as _nx File "C:\Python34\lib\numpy\core__init__.py", line 6, in <module> from . import multiarray ImportError: DLL load failed: Le module spécifié est introuvable.

The last sentence is in French and it means that the specified module cannot be found.

So, can you tell me please what am I doing wrong? Maybe I should mention that I don't have C/Fortran on my PC because I don't need them. Thank you in advance for your effort. Kind regards, Vojislav

asked 01 Apr '16, 07:41

101010's gravatar image

what version of openmdao are you using? If its > 1.0, you're in the wrong forum. But regardless, starting from IDLE isn't the right thing to do.

If you're installing anything you should be doing it from the terminal windows, not IDLE. In fact, you really shoudn't use IDLE at all.

link

answered 01 Apr '16, 12:16

admin's gravatar image

admin ♦♦

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×67
×5

Asked: 01 Apr '16, 07:41

Seen: 1,337 times

Last updated: 01 Apr '16, 12:16